General rubber plastic power cord
1. Scope of application: connection and internal installation of power, lighting, electrical installations, instrumentation and telecommunications equipment with AC rated voltages of 450/750V and below.
2. Laying occasions and methods: indoor open laying and communication channels, along the wall or overhead laying in tunnels; outdoor overhead laying, laying through iron pipes or plastic pipes, electrical equipment, meters and radio installations, all fixed laying; plastic The sheathed power cord can be directly buried in the soil.
3. General requirements: economical and durable, simple structure.
4. Special requirements:
1) When laying outdoors, due to the influence of sunlight, rain and freezing conditions, it is required to be resistant to the atmosphere, especially sunlight aging; cold resistance requirements are required in severe cold areas;
2) During use, it is easy to be damaged by external force or flammable, and it should be worn in the occasions where it is in contact with oil. When the pipe is worn, the power cord is subject to greater tension and may be scratched, so lubrication measures should be taken;
3) When used internally for electrical equipment, when the installation location is small, it should have a certain degree of flexibility, and require clear color separation of the insulated wire core, and should be matched with the corresponding connector terminals and plugs to make the connection convenient and reliable; for occasions with electromagnetic protection requirements , A shielded power cord should be used;
4) For high ambient temperature occasions, sheathed rubber power cord should be used; for special high temperature occasions, heat-resistant rubber power cord should be used.
5. Structure composition
1. Conductive power cord: When used for internal installation of power, lighting and electrical equipment, copper core is preferred. For large cross-section wires, it is better to use compact core; conductors for fixed installation generally use category 1 or category 2 conductors. structure.
2. Insulation: Insulation materials generally use natural styrene butadiene rubber, polyvinyl chloride, polyethylene, and nitrile polyvinyl chloride compound; heat-resistant power cords use polyvinyl chloride with a temperature resistance of 90°C.
3. Sheath: There are generally five types of sheath materials: polyvinyl chloride, cold-resistant polyvinyl chloride, ant-proof polyvinyl chloride, black polyethylene, and neoprene.
Especially cold-resistant and outdoor overhead laying should use black polyethylene and neoprene sheathed power cord.
In environments with external forces, corrosion, humidity, etc., a rubber or plastic sheathed power cord can be used.